Sunday, August 05, 2012
THE USA'S SUNNI ARMIES
From Pepe Escobar, we learn:
(4 August 2012 - www.voltairenet.org/a175260)
1. Assad's opponents in Syria, the Free Syrian Army, are fighters from Iraq, Kuwait, Algeria, Tunisia, Pakistan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Chechnya, France and Britain.
('UK jihadists' operating in Syria)...
The Free Syrian Army commanders are not Syrians, but Iraqi Sunnis.
2. Many of the anti-Assad forces proclaim their allegiance to Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb...
"They paraded their al-Qaeda flag..."
3. Assad's opponents kidnap, rape and slaughter pro-Assad regime civilians.
"They go after Christians with a vengeance." 
4. The Iraqi Sunnis are also killing Shi'ites in Iraq.
There has been a wave of anti-Shi'ite bombings in Iraq, with over 100 people dead.
These bombing have been claimed by the Islamic State of Iraq, al-Qaeda’s local franchise.
5. The anti-Assad Syrian rebels cannot win against the Syria military - "not even with the Saudis and Qataris showering them with loads of cash and weapons."
The "rebels" do not control any territory.
6. As the Sunni versus Shia war spreads, "a tsunami of weapons will keep inundating Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and of course Turkey, boosting assorted guerrilla outfits, Kurdish included..."
Turkish troops kill 115 Kurdish rebels as offensive blocks escape ...
7. Controlling the Sunnis are the USA, NATO, Israel and the Saudis.
8. Israel sees Iran-Syria-Hezbollah as an "axis of evil".
9. Russian President Vladimir Putin supports Assad.
Putin does not want the CIA's jihadis to destabilise Russia, which has a sizeable Moslem population.
"Last week, Thierry Meyssan wrote on Voltaire that Prince Bandar was killed along with his assistance Mishaal Al-Qarni in a bomb blast on July 26.
"The same day, Prince Bandar appeared with Prince Khalid bin Sultan at a function.
"He was also present at the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques' reception for princes in Jeddah."
Thierry Meyssan and Prince Bandar bin Sultan