Would the CIA and its friends use Moslems to destabilise rival countries such as Russia?
1. In the 1960s, Islamic guerrillas were being supported and used by Britain's MI6.According to The Independent (UK):
"Cabinet papers show that British spies, including MI6, supported Islamic guerrillas in order to destabilise Sukarno."
(Revealed: Healey admits role in British dirty tricks campaign to overthrow Indonesia's President Sukarno, By Paul Lashmar and James Oliver, The Independent - 16 April 2000 (The Secret State: MI5 (Home Office/MoD), The Security Service and ...)
According to Killing Hope: US Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II by William Blum (Indonesia 1957-1958):
"In the early months of 1958, rebellion began to break out in one part of the Indonesian island chain, then another."
CIA pilots took to the air to carry out bombing and strafing missions in support of the rebels.
"On 15 May, a CIA plane bombed the Ambon marketplace, killing a large number of civilians on their way to church on Ascension Thursday...
"Three days later, during another bombing run over Ambon, a CIA pilot, Allen Lawrence Pope, was shot down and captured."
2. In The Age, (We must not get back in bed with Kopassus - theage.com.au), Dr Damien Kingsbury, of Deakin University, wrote about Moslem militants in Indonesia and their links to the American-trained military.
Kingsbury points out that Komando Jihad, which became Jemaah Islamiah, was set up by (American trained) Indonesian generals.
Former Indonesian spy (BAKIN) chief A.C. Manulang was quoted by Tempo magazine as suggesting that Bali bomb mastermind Al-Farouq was a CIA-recruited agent.
3. "According to CIA agent Miles Copeland... the CIA began to cooperate with the Muslim Brotherhood...
"This signalled the beginning of an alliance between the traditional regimes and mass Islamic movements against Nasser and other secular forces." (aangirfan: The use of the Muslim Brotherhood by MI6 and the CIA in ...)
According to an article entitled "The British, Muslim Terrorism and September 11":
"In Syria, in 1982, there was a major conflict between the Muslim Brotherhood and the Syrian government at the city of Hamma that resulted in 20,000 casualties.
"In the aftermath Syria's President Asad revealed that the Muslim Brotherhood forces were armed with US-made equipment...
"Israel, forever inclined to back divisive movements, surfaced as another supporter of Islam and began to fund the Muslim Brotherhood and the Palestinian Islamic movement Hamas.
"The most noteworthy success of the Islamic movement during this time was of course the overthrow of the Shah of Iran and the installation of the Ayatollah Khomeini as the Islamic dictator.
"British Intelligence had used their contacts with Iran's mullahs and ayatollahs to help overthrow Mossadegh and install the Shah back in 1953, and these contacts were maintained and used again to overthrow the Shah when his regime fell out of favor."
4. The CIA and its friends must help their Moslem agents to escape custody?
Rashid Rauf, British 'terrorist mastermind' of the alleged plot to blow up at least 10 transatlantic airliners, managed to escaped from custody. (Top British terror suspect escapes)
Jamal al-Badawi was convicted in 2004 of planning and carrying out the USS Cole bombing.
He escaped from prison in 2004.
In October 2007, al-Badawi, after pledging loyalty to Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh, was told that he is a free man. ( http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21480392/ )
Omar Al-Faruq was described as being the mastermind of the Bali bomb plot.
Al-Faruq was arrested in Bogor on June 5, 2002 and handed over to the US authorities.
Former Indonesian State Intelligence Coordinating Board (BAKIN) chief A.C. Manulang was quoted by Tempo as saying that Al-Faruq was most likely a CIA-recruited agent. (Omar Al-Faruq Recruited by The CIA)
In 2005, a Pentagon official in Washington confirmed that al-Faruq escaped from a U.S. detention facility in Bagram, Afghanistan. (Pakistan News Service - PakTribune)
Haroon Rashid Aswat was described as being the mastermind of the 7 July London bombings.
The authorities stated that Aswat had made mobile telephone calls to two of the 7 July bombers. ('Batley man' linked to bin Laden and bombers - Yorkshire Evening Post)
After Aswat was handed over to the UK police, Scotland Yard police headquarters said, on 7 August 2005, that detectives were not interested in speaking to Aswat about the London attacks. ( http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=13913208)
Reportedly, Aswat worked for MI6. (Haroon Rashid Aswat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
This is a mujahidin training camp in 1987. Pakistan spy boss Hamid Gul (front left); CIA boss William Webster (second left). Photo: www.rawa.org
The CIA and its friends are in bed with the Islamic extremists.
Both the the CIA and the Islamists support fascism and the feudal system.
At www.voltairenet.org Nafeez Mosaddeq Ahmed has written about Our terrorists
(Ahmed is Executive Director of the Institute for Policy Research & Development (IPRD) in London)
Among the points made:
1. Bin Laden and his Islamist pals received about half a billion dollars a year from the CIA, and roughly the same from the Saudis.
The CIA and its pals supported al Qaeda "as a counterweight to ... leftwing and nationalist political trends."
The CIA and its pals wanted to spread Islamist extremism to countries such as Yemen, Indonesia, and the Philippines.
2. Graham Fuller, former Deputy Director of the CIA’s National Council on Intelligence, stated: "The policy of guiding the evolution of Islam and of helping them against our adversaries worked marvellously well in Afghanistan against the Red Army.
"The same doctrines can still be used to destabilize what remains of Russian power, and especially to counter the Chinese influence in Central Asia."
3. From 1992 to 1995, the Pentagon flew thousands of al-Qaeda mujahidin from Central Asia into Europe, to fight alongside Bosnian Muslims against the Serbs.
The pattern continued in Kosovo.
Bin Laden's lieutenant in the area had direct radio contact with NATO leadership.
4. Around the same time, US intelligence increased its support of al-Qaeda mujahidin in Chechnya.
Afghan heroin was supplied to the Chechen mafia.
5. In Algeria, Bin Laden's men were used to kill opponents of the government.
Hundreds of civilians were massacred by the Armed Islamic Group (GIA). The GIA was formed largely of Algerian veterans of bin Laden's mujahidin forces in Afghanistan who had returned in the late 1980s.
'Yussuf-Joseph', a secret agent in Algeria's sécurité militaire, told the Guardian that civilian massacres in Algeria, blamed on the GIA, were 'the work of secret police and army death squads'.
Dr Jeremy Keenan, Director of Sahara Studies at the University of East Anglia, documents 'an increasing amount of evidence to suggest that the alleged spread of terrorist activities across much of the Sahelian Sahara, has indeed been an elaborate deception on the part of US and Algerian military intelligence services'.
6. Gust Avracotos, the CIA's Station Chief in Islamabad, says that Mossad penetrated Pakistan's ISI.
US Government and intelligence sources confirm that Israel provided direct and indirect financial aid to Hamas in the late 1970s as a counterbalance to the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO).
7. In the New Yorker, Seymour Hersh cites US Government and intelligence officials' confirmation that the CIA and the Pentagon have funnelled millions of dollars via Saudi Arabia to al-Qaeda affiliated Sunni extremist groups, across the Middle East and Central Asia.