The Kray twins, Ronnie and Reggie, were mafia-style British gangsters.
They had intimate connections to top people in the political world.
They were gay.
They were friends with a young boy called Brad Lane who has since died.
Brad Lane with Reggie Kray at Gartree prison. (Yorkshire Post)
According to this source - Archives - the Krays had links to a paedophile ring.
"What was involved was the systematic abuse of ten-to-twelve-year-old boys, one of whom subsequentlybecame fairly well known as a singer.
"Another, rather less fortunate,wound up in six pieces in two suitcases...
"The paedophile ring in question had links to the Kray twins."
More information is found here -Archives
"The police uncovered a large-scale juvenile pimping operation centred on a house in a Suffolk village (Tattington) owned by Ronnie Kray.
(the twins had huge property interests in EastAnglia).
"Some of the boys were obtained via a close friend of Britten's in London, who named him as one of the beneficiaries of the 'service': other'customers' included Lord Boothby (who frequently shared boys with Ronnie Kray himself) and the record producer Joe Meek.
"At least two other people died in the aftermath of Bernard's murder as the twins sealed up the leaks."
Brad Lane with Buster Edwards (Mail on Sunday...)
In April 2009, The Mail on Sunday and the Yorkshire post told us about Brad Lane.
Revealed: How Reggie Kray 'adopted' pen pal, 10, who was abandoned by his father / Obsessed Kray fan's collection on sale for £50000 - Yorkshire Post
1. Reggie Kray became friends with a boy called Brad Lane.
Reggie came to call Brad his 'adopted son'.
2. Almost every day, Brad wrote letters to Reggie while Reggie was a prisoner at Gartree Prison in Leicestershire.
3. This happened after Brad's father had left home.
4. Brad became Reggie Kray's most frequent visitor.
5. When Reggie was transferred to Lewes prison, in East Sussex, Brad travelled the 600 miles from his home in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, to see him.
6. In 1991, Brad - then aged 12 - changed his name to Kray.
The 57-year-old Kray signed a legal document declaring Brad to be his adopted son.
7. Brad also visited Ronnie Kray, a paranoid schizophrenic, in Broadmoor mental hospital.
8. Brad died some years ago, while still very young.
9. The Krays were jailed for life for murder in 1969.
Ronnie died in 1995 and Reggie died in 2001.
In 1997, the Independent reported (paedophiles in prison who recruit ...):
Juveniles as young as 15, who are being held in adult jails, may be being recruited into child-sex rings.
"Two boys who were being held on remand at Doncaster prison were allowed into contact with a convicted paedophile called Belcher.
"Since being moved to Wetherby prison, in West Yorkshire, the boys have been receiving letters from Belcher and have been sent money last month by another man described as 'a colleague of the paedophile'."
The Chief Inspector of Prisons, General Sir David Ramsbotham, "has told friends he was recently horrified to discover that a juvenile offender, who had been the victim of a paedophile, was being held in the same unit of Cardiff prison as the man who abused him.
Stephen Shaw, director of the Prison Reform Trust, said: "There is a danger that we will begin to see in prisons a mirror image of the corruption and abuse that has been found in care homes."