1. Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has ordered the Israeli ambassador to leave the country in a show of solidarity with the besieged Gazans. (Venezuela expels Israeli ambassador, embassy staff)
In a televised speech on 6 January 2008, Chavez said "The president of Israel should be taken before an international court together with the president of the United States, if the world had any conscience."
He derided the Israeli military, saying, "They are cowards... bombing innocent people. What great soldiers they are, how brave the soldiers of Israel are.''
Mauritania, Jordan, and Egypt have also summoned their ambassadors to Israel to express discontent with the ongoing Israeli strike on Gaza.
Medics say at least 215 children and 98 women, have been killed so far in the Israeli onslaught on the Gaza Strip.
2. Nick Clegg, leader of the UK's Liberal Democrat Party, has stated that the UK must halt Britain's arms exports to Israel, and persuade the European Union to do the same.
"I want an immediate suspension of all arms exports from the EU," said Clegg. (Lib Dems call for British arms embargo on Israel)
Twelve-year-old Mohamed Samer Elhaz Mouss, photographed in October 2006, was injured by Israeli cluster bomblets delivered by Israeli warplanes
3. At Voltaire.net, Les Blough, Editor, Axis of Logic, wrote: The 2008 Attack on the People of Gaza is Like-No-Other and the World Responds
Among the points made:
1. The blockade: The attacks follow the 2 month blockade resulting in starvation, disease, desperation and general weakening.
2. The conditions: Zionists attacked people who are helplessly penned up in the prison called Gaza, with no way to defend themselves and nowhere to run. Gaza has the highest population density of any place in the world.
3. The timing: On the day before the attack, the Israeli government lied to the Palestinians, telling them they opened the borders to receive the first shipment of food, medicine and other humanitarian supplies in 2 months. The Palestinians were waiting for relief and instead were bombed.
4. The deception: Israel began planning this attack 6 months earlier during the cease fire with Hamas.
5. The intra-imperial context: This bombardment of Gaza is taking place:
- during the transition from Zionist Bush regime to a new Zionist regime under Obama whose chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel is a dual citizen (U.S.-Israel) and previously served in the Israeli army;
- on the tails of the defeat of the U.S. in Iraq and the U.S. and NATO in Afghanistan;
- during the re-deployment of troops from Iraq to Afghanistan as promised by Obama and begun under Bush;
- during the world-wide failure of the capitalist economic system;
- just after the Mumbai attacks, setting the stage for a Zionist-propelled invasion of Pakistan; the true origins of the attacks are yet unknown;
- after Joe Biden prophesied that Obama’s "mettle will be tested" around January 20, 2009 by an international crisis.
In the Massacre de la Saint-Barthélemy, 1572, Christians killed Christians.
6. The indiscriminate ruthlessness: the ferocity and length of the attacks on unarmed civilians and children; while Israel has committed similar killing of unarmed civilians in the past, nothing compares to this since Ariel Sharon’s butchery at Sabra and Shatilla in September, 1982.
7. The psychopathology: "Serial killers are known for their sexual inadequacies and general impotence and their rampages are rooted in their own insecurity."
8. An impotent’s revenge: Israel was defeated by Hizbollah in 2006.
9. Religious fanaticism: In the Hebrew bible, Samuel told Saul that God wanted him to attack the Amalekites, saying that God said,
"Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys’ (1 Sam 15:2-3).
This bombing of the Gazans is supported by the Christian Zionists.
10. The imperical objectives:
The U.S. and European-backed destabilisation of all Arab countries
A "Greater Israel"
Exploitation of cheap labor, an expanded market place
Theft of petroleum and other natural resources.
11. The genocide: the long term objective is to eliminate 1.5 million Palestinians.
12. The international revulsion: the Internet has revealed the crimes of Israel and its allies.
Two discredited Zionists