The USA has to find some way to get hold of China's wealth.
On 15 November 2008, Asia Times had an article entitled: US's road to recovery runs through Beijing
Among the points made:
1. Americans don't have the money to revive the housing market and consumer spending.
2. America has been borrowing nearly $1 trillion a year, mostly from the developing world.
This money has been used to import consumer goods and buy homes at low interest rates.
(Don't forget the cost of all the wars)
3. America needs to start selling more goods, and services.
America needs to sell more to China and India.
4. China plans to spend nearly a fifth of its gross domestic product on a stimulus package, mainly developing infrastructure and the poorer parts of the nation.
5. China and America should become partners.
6. The USA can help China develop its infrastructure and its poorer regions.
The USA can export its technology and its banking expertise.
Sounds like China might just be tricked into helping out the USA?