There were GOVERNMENT number plates on the the explosives-laden truck which hit the Marriott hotel in Islamabad. (62 die as suicide bomber strikes Pakistani luxury hotel (Roundup)
The Pakistan government appears to be spreading disinformation about the Marriott bombing.
On 22 September 2008, the BBC reported that:
1. a Pakistan government spokesman claimed that the prime minister and other top people were planning to have dinner at the Marriott at the time the bomb went off, but cancelled the booking at the last moment.
2. The Marriott Hotel's owner says this is not true and that there was no booking.
Did the Pakistan government work with the CIA and its friends to carry out the bombing, so as to support the case for Pakistan government cooperation with the Pentagon?
The most powerful man in Pakistan appears to be a friend of Mossad and the American government.
Rehman Malik is the effective Interior Minister of Pakistan.
ISI is the Pakistan spy agency.
Pakistan Daily writes of 'the bizarre, abortive handover of the ISI to Rehman Malik'. (You Can’t Be On The Wrong Side Of Pakistan Mr Asif Ali Zardari)
Benazir Bhutto appointed Rehman Malik as chief of Pakistan's Federal Investigation Agency (FIA)
According to the article on Rehman Malik at Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :
1. The Pakistani military was dismayed by reports of FIA contacts with the Israeli secret service, the Mossad, which had been cooperating with Indian secret service RAW.
2. One of the first acts of President Farooq Leghari after dismissing Benazir Bhutto on 5 November 1996 was to imprison Rehman Malik, the Additional Director General FIA.
3. Rehman Malik was the person responsible for security of Benazir Bhutto. After the assassination of Benazir Bhutto there were many accusation against Rehman Malik for lax security. (A Fishy Character - Rehman Malik Pakistan Politics / Rehman “Double Agent” Malik–>Emergency mailing list ... )
According to the Pakistani Spectator, 11 May 2008, (Rehman Malik Runs Zardari and PPP The Pakistani Spectator):
"Rehman Malik ... helped Zardari a lot to launder ... looted money and invest and secure it at different places in the world... He does what he is told to do by the masters in Washington."
In The Pakistan Spectator, 21 September 2008, Ali Yar Khan asks What Was Going on in the Marriott Hotel?
He makes the following points:
1. After the blast, a mysterious fire started on the fourth and fifth floors. It was said that this fire was the result of a gas pipeline burst.
2. Allegedly, the fifth and fourth floors of the hotel were housing mysterious steel boxes under the guard of United States marines. Allegedly, these boxes were moved into the hotel when Admiral Mike Mullen met Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and others in Islamabad.
The boxes may have contained explosives? Sounds like 9 11.
In 2003, a bomb hit the Marriott hotel in Jakarta. A number of poor Moslems were killed.
"Something interesting happened just hours before the explosion shocked the JW Marriott Hotel, Mega Kuningan, South Jakarta. The US Embassy cancelled the booking of 10-20 rooms in that hotel." -Prison Planet.com: Do You Have the Knowledge to Escape?
On 20 September 2008, at least 60 people were killed, and scores seriously injured, when, reportedly, the explosives laden truck was used against the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad, Pakistan. (Car bomb attack in Islamabad leaves at least 60 people dead)
It was reported that several senior officers of the CIA were in Islamabad, on a visit, at the time of the explosion. (Islamabad blast)
According to Dawn, 21 September 2008, "Well-equipped security officers from the US embassy were seen on the spot soon after the explosions. However, they left the scene shortly afterwards." (Terror tears through capital)
Muhammad Azam, a Marriott security personal, told The Post that he was standing across the road when a big brown truck appeared. "I saw him (the truck driver) getting out of the truck, taking position and firing two rockets at the hotel." (Front & Back Page News Updates)
The explosion created a crater at least 25 ft deep and 30 ft wide, and totally destroyed the road in front of the building. (1000 kg explosives used in Pak blast) .
The aim of the blasts seems to have been to kill ordinary Pakistanis, so as to make Pakistanis and World Opinion sympathetic to America's war on terror.
The bombers may not have intended to destroy the hotel. But, reportedly, gas lines running to the hotel’s kitchen exploded and started a fire that damaged about two thirds of the hotel. Police sources said the dead include three South Koreans, two Saudis and at least one American. (62 die as suicide bomber strikes Pakistani luxury hotel (Roundup)
Acording to Jason Burke at The Guardian, 20 September 2008, (Islamabad blast is a victory for no one):
"The attack at 8pm would have come just as hundreds were sitting or standing in the hotel's many function rooms for the communal iftar dinner – the breaking of the Ramadan month's fast.
"Almost all of those killed will be local Pakistanis...
"Strikes on such targets – such as in Amman, Jordan, in 2005 – drastically undercuts support for militants."
Some officials said the intended destination of the truck with the bomb might have been the prime minister’s house. The Marriott is one kilometer distant from Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani’s house where President Asif Ali Zardari, army chief General Ashfar Parvez Kayani and over 300 MPs were at an Iftar dinner. (62 die as suicide bomber strikes Pakistani luxury hotel (Roundup)
However, Kiyani has been trained in the USA. And Zardari is reportedly a friend of the neocons.
One report suggests that the American neocons toppled Mussharraf and put Zardari into power.
In the Guardian, 7 September 2008, Tariq Ali wrote that "a hardcore neocon faction led by Zalmay Khalilzad, the US ambassador to the Security Council, was busy advising Asif Zardari in secret and helping him plan the campaign to oust the general (Musharraf)." Asif Ali Zardari: the godfather as president