Bennett claims that the CIA is deeply involvement with the Free Tibet Movement and funds Radio Free Asia.
According to Bennett:
2. The US government may be the main beneficiary of the Tibet unrest.
4. The CIA set up a secret military training camp for Tibetan resistance fighters at Camp Hale, Colorado, in the USA.
6. In the mid-1960s, the CIA set up the Chusi Gangdruk, a force of around 2,000 guerrilla fighters, at bases in Nepal. This base was closed in 1974 due to Chinese pressure on Nepal.
7. In the 1960s, the CIA began working with the Indian intelligence services in training and supplying agents in Tibet. The CIA-Indian cooperation is described in Kenneth Conboy and James Morrison book The CIA's Secret War in Tibet.
9. It is rumored that the CIA were involved in the failed Tibetan revolt in October 1987.